How to Get a License

Q. What is a license?

A. A license is a permit issued by the State that permits you to provide residential child care and maternity homes services.  

Q. How do I get a license?

A. To find out if you need a license from the State to provide the service you want to provide, call the Office of Inspector General, Residential Child Care Licensing (RCCL) unit:

Residential Child Care Licensing: 404.657.9651
Licenses child caring institutions, child placing agencies, children's transitional care centers, outdoor child caring programs (camps) and maternity homes.

If you are required to have a State license issued by RCCL, then you need to attend the mandatory training, and once completed file an application with RCCL on specific forms issued by RCCL. In most cases, your business location will be visited by an RCCL surveyor to verify that you are in compliance with the rules and regulations that apply to your particular business.

Click the link below to register for the mandatory orientation:

RCCL Mandatory Orientation Registration

If your application is complete and your business is in compliance with the rules, then you will be issued a State license to operate.

Q. How long does it take to get a license?

A. The length of time required to get a State license to operate varies greatly. It may take a week or a year depending partly on the motivation of the applicant. One way to speed up the process is to make sure that the paperwork you submit is accurate and complete. Be sure to keep a copy of whatever you submit.

Share This