COVID-19 Prevention Efforts
Effective March 23 at 8 a.m., DHS customers should use self-service options as primary means to conduct business with DHS. In-person services will be provided by appointment only. For more information, click here.
Dementia Friends Georgia Kickoff
Understand how Dementia Friends fits into the bigger picture of Georgia’s dementia work.
Georgia is excited to join the global movement of Dementia Friends which is changing the way people think, act, and talk about dementia. Anyone can be a Dementia Friend!
You’re invited to attend our Dementia Friends Kickoff Event!
- Learn more about Dementia Friends in Georgia and how we fit into a larger movement
- Learn the differences between Dementia Friends and Dementia Friendly
- Understand how Dementia Friends fits into the bigger picture of Georgia’s dementia work.
- Here from individuals living with dementia on why these programs are important
- Become a Dementia Friend
- Have the opportunity to become a Dementia Friends Champion. (A Champion is trained to provide Dementia Friends information sessions in their community.)
- Be the first to hear about funding opportunity to off-set costs of introducing Dementia Friends in their community.
- And more!
This event is being held at the beautiful Callaway Resort & Gardens. The room rate is $174/night.
*All Room Rates Subject to Applicable State and Local Taxes and Fees (these fees are subject to change at the discretion of the state)*
8% State Tax, 5% Local Lodging Tax and $5 State Hotel-Motel Fee Per Night
A $1 Resort Services Charge (RSC) per bedroom, per night will apply. The RSC includes one $10 recreation voucher per stay, two bottles of Callaway Blue® water replenished daily, a 24-hour Virtual Concierge (text charges apply per your provider) and Enhanced Wireless Internet.
Reservations can be made by calling 866-227-1981 (reference Dementia Friends Program GGS meeting) or online here.
All individual reservations must be accompanied by a one night’s deposit in the form of a check or credit card. Deposits are non-refundable unless individual cancellation is received 48 hours prior to arrival.
To accommodate early arrival and late departures of attendees, Callaway will provide the above-negotiated group rates for the period from 3 days before and 3 days after the conference period, subject to availability.