It’s a new year and a perfect time to explore all the services DHS has to offer. Whether it’s connecting Georgia’s older adults with resources to support healthy aging, helping parents consistently provide for their children, offering a hand to Georgia families in need or helping Georgia children find loving adoptive homes, DHS is always working to build stronger, healthier families and communities.
Throughout 2022, we’ll be working to raise awareness for some of the key issues facing Georgians every day, while highlighting the programs, services and fantastic employees at DHS that can help.
In the spring, you’ll hear about resources to prevent child abuse, address senior hunger and serve children in foster care. In the summer, we’ll be focusing on resources in the fight against Alzheimer’s and related dementias and for parents who are court-ordered to pay child support. Then, in the fall and winter, we’ll share information on adoption, family caregiving and ways you can get involved to support other Georgians in need.
Here’s what we have planned for the rest 2022:
- Social Work Month (March)
- National Child Abuse Prevention Month (April)
- Senior Hunger Awareness Month (April)
- Careers in Aging Week (April)
- Older Americans Month (May)
- National Foster Care Month (May)
- National Reunification Month (June)
- Alzheimer’s & Brain Awareness Month (June)
- Child Support Awareness Month (August)
- Kinship Care Month (September)
- National Recovery Month (September)
- National Long-term Care Residents Rights Month (October)
- Light Up the Holidays Gift Drive (October – November)
- Medicare Open Enrollment (October – December)
- National Adoption Awareness Month (November)
- National Family Caregivers Month (November)
- Clark’s Christmas Kids (November – December)
Follow along for a look at all the great content we have in store across the DHS, Aging Services, Child Support Services and Family & Children Services websites as well as our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram feeds. Be sure to like and follow us, if you haven't already!