Give a gift and help a child in foster care!
Each year, the Georgia Division of Family & Children Service sponsors a program called "Secret Santa" to help make the holidays a little better for children and youth in Georgia's foster care system. For the 30th year in a row, we have teamed up with Clark Howard, WSB-Radio and a new partner, Chris 180, to fulfill the wishes of thousands of children in foster care statewide!
Last year, with the help of Clark Howard and WSB-Radio, we provided gifts to more than 10,000 children in foster care in over 125 counties. Most of the gifts were purchased during live radio events at several Walmart locations in metro Atlanta. Due to restrictions imposed by COVID -19, the program will operate differently this year with limited Walmart events. However, the below Walmart locations will be accepting gift donations on Dec. 3-4 from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Walmart locations accepting donations
- 4725 Ashford Dunwoody Road, Atlanta, GA 30338
- 970 Mansell Road, Roswell, GA 30076
- 12182 Highway 92, Woodstock, GA 30188
- 135 Willow Lane, McDonough GA
- 5200 Windward Parkway, Alpharetta, GA 30004
- 3250 Sardis Church Road, Buford, GA 30519
- 2635 Pleasant Hill Road, Duluth, GA 30096
- 1500 Market Place Boulevard, Cumming, GA 30041
- 210 Cobb Parkway S, Marietta, GA 30060
- 4004 Lawrenceville Highway, Lilburn, GA 30047
You can fulfill wish lists for Georgia’s youth in foster care by making a monetary donation OR visiting our new virtual shopping website.
Your donation will put gifts into the hands of the children and youth on Christmas morning. Any contribution you are able to make will get us that much closer to meeting our goal of three gifts per child for all 8,000+ of Georgia’s must vulnerable children.
These children have experienced major traumatic events early in their young lives at no fault of their own. They are away from their families, pets and familiar surroundings during this holiday season. Please consider making a donation now to make their Christmas morning a little brighter!