Property Services Section
The Property Services Section (PSS) consists of the following teams:
1. Leasing Unit (LU)
2. Asset Management Unit (AMU), which includes:
- Asset Management
- Risk Management
- Fleet Management
- Records Management
The Lease Management Unit (LU) is responsible for ensuring proper management of the Department of Human Services (DHS) leased facilities. The DHS-leased facilities are in all 159 counties in Georgia, which are owned by private and public county entities.
The Asset Management Unit (AMU) provides expertise and guidance to all DHS divisions and offices related to asset management services. OFSS administers the Department’s statewide asset management of surplus in accordance with the Department of Administrative Services (DOAS) policies, procedures, and strategic goals.
Risk Management activities include:
- DHS Comprehensive Loss Control Program (CLCP) – Collecting and organizing specific program data from the divisions and offices for submission to OFSS and DHS leadership for review.
- Assisting DFCS caseworkers and regional transportation offices (RTOs) with processing claims to ensure documentation is submitted correctly to DOAS Risk Management.
Fleet Management activities include:
- Responsibility for all aspects of fleet management for DHS and the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD), including but not limited to policies and processes related to the acquisition, leasing, assignment, use, transfer, disposal, and reporting of vehicles titled to DHS and DBHDD.
Records management activities include:
- Maintaining an accurate, accessible, and compliant records management system.
Department of Administrative Services (DOAS): http://doas.ga.gov
State Properties Commission (SPC): https://gspc.georgia.gov