COVID-19 Prevention Efforts
Effective March 23 at 8 a.m., DHS customers should use self-service options as primary means to conduct business with DHS. In-person services will be provided by appointment only. For more information, click here.
Georgia Commission for the Deaf or Hard of Hearing (GCDHH)
The Georgia Commission for the Deaf or Hard of Hearing was created in 2007 and serves to:
- Advocate on behalf of persons with hearing impairment by working to ensure those persons have equal access to the services, programs, and opportunities available to others;
- Assist persons with hearing impairment and parents of persons with hearing impairment who are students in advocating for equal access to services, programs, and opportunities;
- Advise the Governor, General Assembly, Commissioner of Human Services, and Commissioner of Community Health on the development of policies, programs, and services affecting persons with hearing impairment and on the use of appropriate federal and state moneys for such purposes;
- Create a public awareness of the special needs and potential of persons with hearing impairment;
- Recommend to the Governor, General Assembly, Commissioner of Human Services, and Commissioner of Community Health legislation designed to improve the economic and social conditions of persons with hearing impairment in this state;
- Propose solutions to problems of persons with hearing impairment in the areas of education, employment, human rights, human services, health, housing, and other related programs;
- Work with other state and federal agencies and private organizations to promote economic development for persons with hearing impairment;
- Coordinate its efforts with other state and local agencies serving persons with hearing impairment.
All meetings are scheduled from 1:30 p.m. until 4:30 p.m. unless otherwise stated. Everyone is invited to attend. Individuals requesting accommodations should e-mail email@example.com or call 404-657-5244 one week in advance of the date of the scheduled meeting.
Commission Task Force Meeting Dates:
- Commission Task Force Meetings have been postponed due to COVID-19 until further notice. Please check back for updates to future meetings.
- Click here to view Chuck Leavell, Georgia Music Hall of Fame member, discuss the importance of hearing loss prevention.
- Apply to serve on the Advisory Committee,
Solicite participar en el Comité Asesor, .
- House Bill 844
Adobe Acrobat format, 45KB.
- GCDHH Members